[LAU] Mastering question (not software, but technique)

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sun Apr 5 05:04:45 EDT 2009

Hello Reuben!
   Thanks for the advice an detail you've gone into.
   Here's a bit more: Of course I know that I've got frequencies all over the
spectrum, but if I know the key and pick bands center on dominant notes
(especially for the bass), I can push up the main frequencies of that
instrument. The effect should be that the main components of the piece are
clearly audible, rather sharper than in the original.
   the final sound I'd like to have: Loud, crisp and clearly distinguishable
instruments.
   I'm not asking for the final recepe, but a good starting point. Mastering
should happen with each song (or most of them) and doing that in a text-based
setting, I have to deal with around 80 parameters and it would be good to have
at least a sensible starting point.
   Kindest regards and thanks again
       Julien

--------