[LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.4.1 (funky dominatrix) unleashed!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sun Apr 5 06:15:15 EDT 2009

Hartmut Noack wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela schrieb:
>
>> Here we go:
>>
>>   Qtractor 0.4.1 (funky dominatrix) unleashed!
>>
>  Just built it on Ubuntu jaunty beta - building like a charm. Generally
> working very smooth (feels much better then version 0.3 from the repos).
> But it seems to conflict with KDE4.2/Plasma/3d-FX.
>
> Its the old Files/MIDI-Panel again, trying to resize this one makes it
> take about 80% of the apps windows width and cannot be resized.Attempts
> do resize it can lead to a black curtain on the screen and a freeze of
> qtractor.
>
> So: as long as I do not touch the Files/MIDI-Browser the dominatrix
> behaves quite nice ;-)

that might not be the case. i do happen to run on kde4.2 with varying
plasma effects and just can't reproduce the issue. however i've seen it
happen once or twice, while in kubuntu for example and that seemed to be
related on its qt4 build or version in particular.

it also seemed to happen only on the very times qtractor is run and one
tries to resize the files widget pane as first measure; i can also
remember someone else report of just the same here before, maybe it was
you indeed :)

anyway, if you ever fall into that situation, like the files window
swallowing the whole screen real estate, you should get away by quitting
the application then deleting the configuration file
(~/.config/rncbc.org/Qtractor.conf) and start again; try not changing
the files widget next time; wait until you quit and run it again and
making small changes until it goes right as you want.

hth
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org