[LAU] RME HDSPe ExpressCard interface

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 23:29:03 EDT 2009

On Sunday 05 April 2009 10:17:17 pm plutek-infinity wrote:
> i've been running an RME Multiface under linux for years with the CardBus
> interface. i just switched to the ExpressCard interface, and am having
> troubles. before getting into details, are there folks out there running
> the RME ExpressCard interface with the Multiface breakout box successfully?
> the ALSA matrix says it should be fine.

Unless there have been a lot of changes under the hood, it should technically
work, but it would need to be updated to include the identification strings the
units uses. I may be wrong, but I think the kernel handles all the issues with
providing a unified API for abstracting the PCI vs PCIe busses. (Someone will
jump down my throat if I'm wrong)

So if it hasn't been done, it just needs a relatively painless patching.

-Reuben