[LAU] how record electric guitar?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Apr 9 07:29:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 07 April 2009 12:46:55 Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> I want to record electric guitar chord progression. I've an:
> - epiphone les paul
> - little amp, orange 30r
> - maudio dmp 3 preamp
> - shure 58a beta
> - mic stand

Here is one more advice:

If you have enough cables and inputs, record the direct signal from the guitar
in parallel. Not really for the mix, but if you later on decide that the sound
isn't as you wanted, you can still send the direct signal through any amp (-
simulation) you like.
But this actually uses twice the disk-space (if you are low on that) and makes
editing a bit harder when you have lots of takes on multiple tracks...

Have fun,

Arnold