[LAU] how record electric guitar?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Thu Apr 9 09:41:41 EDT 2009

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Grammostola Rosea wrote:

> Record it as mono or stereo track?

  Record each input as a separate mono track. If you take the earlier
suggestion to 'Y' off the raw guitar signal and record it as well as the
mic in front of the amp, you'll have two mono tracks. Later, if you wish,
pan them into a stereo image in the final mix.
   Your original post only mentioned 'chord progressions' on a single
guitar, which sounds to me like a 'training tape' of sorts.  For this, a
stereo mix is probably not necessary.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009