[LAU] hdsp, mpd and lyrcing

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Sat Apr 11 12:53:08 EDT 2009

Andrew,

> To have some reserve in volume I set amplifier's volume regulator higher than,
> say, is needed at current moment. As a result I have software level noticeably
> below 100%. I suppose such software volume regulating eats samples resolution
> (and, at least theoretically, sometimes I have, say, 12-13 bits rather 16).

If you use the hdsp's matrix mixer, it will render the volume with
higher precision than 16 bits, so play back unattenuated and control the
output level in the matrix mixer.

BTW: The levels the HDSP outputs are NOT HIFI levels. Don't connect it
to HIFI equipment unless you're sure what you do.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key 6C002249          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net