[LAU] jconv, linuxsampler, and ingen

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Sat Apr 18 23:03:42 EDT 2009

Hi Fons,

Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> 1. The LASH protocol is converted to OSC.
> allowing clients to use it without using
> any dedicated library. It is already very
> close to OSC so the effort should be minimal.

This is very interesting.  Suppose LASH (or some other session handler) were
done over OSC... then you could potentially save/restore/control sessions that
span multiple hosts.

LASH currently supports auto-starting (if desired), so that lashd will start up
if I fire up a LASH-enabled application.  How do you envision that happening if
it's done over OSC?

I'm thinking that it might look like the parallel processing libraries OpenMPI
and PVM, which start up remote processes with rsh/ssh and then pass messages
over the network.

Peace,
Gabriel