[LAU] suspending with realtime kernel

Robert Persson halfbeinghalfthing at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 06:21:46 EDT 2009

Raffaele a écrit :
> Did you try to compile kernel 2.6.29.1 with patch-2.6.29.1-rt7?
>
> As on every debian based distro it is very easy to compile a
> customized kernel using kernel-package.
Thanks Raffaele, and everyone, for your responses.

I have built a 2.6.29.1-rt7 kernel. I had to do it the old-fashioned way
because I found the instructions for kernel-package incomprehensible
unfortunately, and I couldn't work out how to make an initrd, so it took
a bit of guesswork to build in the right drivers to make it boot. But I
do at least now have a kernel that works for normal operation, including
suspend and resume. I haven't tested it yet for realtime work, but I
doubt there will be any hiccups that can't be easily fixed.

So as I said, many thanks :)
Robert