[LAU] play midi files with a little swing

Bengt Gördén bengan at bag.org
Tue Apr 21 07:18:25 EDT 2009

Den Tuesday 21 April 2009 11.28.46 skrev Grammostola Rosea:
> shane richards wrote:
> > Grammostola Rosea escribió:
> >> but can hydrogen handle midi files?
> >
> > Search the hydrogen forums for a perl script called "midi2hydrogen.pl"
> > Unfortunately because hydrogen only does 64 ticks in 4/4 time, you'll end
> > up with bars of 16/8 and other strangeness; the resulting file will play
> > just fine. You just have to take a moment to get your head around the
> > weird way that stuff is represented on screen.
>
> Am I  right that this is an python script instead of .pl?
> but how do I install midi2hydrogen.py? I've unpacked it but where should
> I place the python files?

I you look at the comments on that page you'll see that it is a bug in the
python-midi code. You should fetch the perl script I believe. I haven't tried
the perl script so don't really know how it works but thats the script that
is midi2hydrogen.pl.

http://www.mail-archive.com/hydrogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00032/midi2hydrogen.pl

regards,

/bengan