[LAU] Tool for chord recognition

drumkid at gmail.com drumkid at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 08:05:49 EDT 2009

Just new to this list I obtained no result when I searched the archive with
the keyword "chord recognition". Hence this posting. For my
composing/arrangement sessions from behind the keyboard (with MIDI) I'm
looking for a chord recognition tool (preferably a good quality one that
also recognizes inversions). Quick to use hardware devices seem not to exist
(at least haven't found one through Google). I guess I will have to resort
to a software tool. On my laptop (with midi interface) I have the CCRMA
suite (fedora core 7) with associated software. Has anybody some idea what
software tools are available that work with this configuration. (Under XP
there's quite a range of tools available, but...).

-- Drumkid (and composer).