[LAU] suspending with realtime kernel

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Apr 24 02:25:34 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:15:56PM +0200, Robert Persson wrote:
>> So basically, as I said before, apart from the hibernate issue, which
>> can be worked around easily, the latest rt kernel seems to be working
>> like a charm. The main challenge now, will be to make jack2 survive
>> through a suspend-resume cycle, which is something I never managed to do
>> in the past.
>>

> I doubt that would be possible.
>
> I run a script that kills jackd and every other music app before suspending.

What about adding a pair of callbacks to the JACK API that could be
registered with the suspend/resume system?  When the system invokes
the suspend callback Jack would mute audio output then go into soft
mode, ignoring all xruns and client timeouts until further notice,
then drop RT scheduling.  The resume callback re-enables RT, and a few
cycles later resumes the normal timing checks and unmutes audio when
no xruns or client timeouts have been detected for a few consecutive
cycles.

The only changes would be to jackd itself AFAICT.

Lee