[LAU] Media Players vs Xorg?

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sat Aug 1 16:19:39 EDT 2009

I find that I must renice most any media player to at least -5 to get well-
behaved play. I believe the problem is competition with X for resources (I am
running a Debian Sid box with KDE4). Then, my and renicer daemon will set them
back to 0 after I have been listening for a while.

Has anyone here had, solved this problem?
Know how to make exceptions in and configuration?
Would it work to run the players through jack rather than alsa and thereby get
"real time".