[LAU] Jack-enabled CLI Player

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Aug 2 12:27:24 EDT 2009

Hallo,
David Baron hat gesagt: // David Baron wrote:

> What might be a jack-enabled equivalent of:
>
> /usr/bin/ogg123 -d alsa <1>  (<1> is and ogg file, obviously)
>
> Preferrable would be something that will play through jack if the daemon be
> running, alsa not (mplayer can work this way but this is a bit heavy for a
> short file play, i.e., a signal from a program).

MOC (Music on Console) is my favourite command line player. It comes with a
terminal ncurses GUI as well, supports ALSA, OSS, Jack and maybe more, plays
all common audio formats, uses libsamplerate to convert samplerates with high
quality and so on.

The Debian package is called "moc", with /usr/bin/mocp as the binary to not
conflict with moc from Qt.

Ciao
--
Frank