[LAU] Jack-enabled CLI Player

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Mon Aug 3 03:52:54 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 06:30:44PM +0300, David Baron wrote:
> I do not have a sndfile-jackplay on Debian repos.

Odd.  I do.  Check your repositories list or method.

The program is in the sndfile-programs package with a bunch of others.

I found that out by using the program apt-file, which can search all
packages for a particular file name or program name despite not having
the packages present or installed.  Example commands on Debian:

# apt-get install apt-file
# apt-file update
# apt-file search sndfile-jackplay
sndfile-programs: /usr/bin/sndfile-jackplay

That output from apt-file shows that the program is in the package
sndfile-programs.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/