[LAU] Jamin for FOH (was: Re: JAMin updates?)

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Aug 5 04:18:57 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 23:40:50 Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> One poster mentioned foh use. What functionality would be
> required in that case ? Note that it's generally a bad
> idea to drive a PA system to its limits.

That was me:-)

Me dreamiest dream is something like that (given hardware that has the needed
inputs and outputs (which I have:-P ) ):

Some kind of PA-managment that does:
a.1) Frequency-X-over and EQ (and phase and that)
a.2) If EQ is to simple nowadays (as some Fons guy tells me:), sophisticated
digital filters...
b) Multiband-compressor (one per output or with independant frequency ranges)
and limiters for the outputs.
c) Automatic (and live!) comparison of the input signal that is routed to the
outputs and the signal from one or more measurement microphones to adapt to
the room with only a mouse-click. And to re-adapt to the room when the crowd
is in.
d) Feedback-destroyer (which will probably be hard to do while c) is running
its adaption.

And of course nice spec-views like in japa and as low as possible builtin
delay.

Sounds almost to easy, does it? :-)

Have fun,

Arnold