[LAU] PHASEX-0.12.0-beta3

Norval Watson norv2001 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 5 22:35:29 EDT 2009

----- Original Message ----

> From: William Weston <weston at sysex.net>
>
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Norval Watson wrote:
>
> > Hi again Will,
> > This time I'm compiling Phasex on Asus Eee, Atom N270 cpu, Debian sid.
> > ./configure is failing thus:
> >
> > checking for X... no
> > ./configure: line 5827: syntax error near unexpected token `GTK,'
> > ./configure: line 5827: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GTK,'
> >
> > Looks like I'm missing something important on this brand new install?
> > Thanks again for Phasex!
> > Norv
>
> Do you have the debian libgtk2.0-dev package installed?  Also, I've received a
> report about a bit of gcc weirdness when trying to optimize for the Atom.  Could
> you try letting gcc figure out how to optimize?
>
> make distclean
> aclocal && autoconf && automake && autoheader
> ./configure --enable-arch=native
> make
>
> If that doesn't work so well, configure for x86_64, but only build for level 2
> on cpu power:
>
> make clean
> ./configure --enable-arch=x86_64 --enable-debug="-DPHASEX_CPU_POWER=2"
> make
>
> Let me know how this works out  ;-}
>
> Thanks again, Norval
> --ww

Hi Will (and Pete)

Sorry for late reply, been busy...

I successfully built Phasex on the Eee using

> aclocal && autoconf && automake && autoheader
> ./configure --enable-arch=native
> make

I needed to install libjack-dev and libsamplerate0-dev beforehand.
pkg-config was already installed.

A quick test shows Phasex loading, connecting to jack and making sounds ok.
I still have to fine-tune the Eee to get optimum performance and I will let u know how I go.
Thanks for your replies, and thanks again for Phasex!

Cheers,
Norv