[LAU] Regular Xruns?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Aug 6 16:38:32 EDT 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 22:05:42 James Stone wrote:
> Actually, I get xruns with qjackctl every 14 minutes...

That time is imho to long for the usual culprits like graphics or wireless.

Is your mail-app checking mails every 14 or 15 minutes? Is your instant
messenger rechecking its connection?

Maybe cron is the reason as todays systems configure it so that it runs every
quarter of an hour. I had that problem once (for me it was cron-triggered
backups during recording sessions) and "solved" it by editing the systems
crontab. It then only did the run-crons when "pidof jackd" didn't return a pid
ie. if no jackd was running...

Arnold