[LAU] Regular Xruns?

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 22:03:02 EDT 2009

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> On 08/07/2009 10:11 AM, James Stone wrote:
>>
>> Linux 2.6.24-1-686 #1 SMP Thu May 8 02:16:39 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
>>
>> So, you can see I am using a vanilla kernel, but the fact it's only
>> every 14 mins seems very strange to me. It is often preceded by a slow
>> build-up of static on audio output, which stops when the xrun happens
>> (this isn't recorded to disk in ardour tho).Any ideas what might be
>> going on? Could it be hardware-related??
>>

> Do you have a wifi card?
>
> They have been known to cause this kind of problem when they scan the
> network.

No - nothing as flashy as that! I had that problem on my eeepc tho..

I have an old dial up modem card installed which I don't use any more
and a video capture card, which is likewise virtually never used. A
nvidia card, 3 HDs and a DVD RW... usb printer, kb, mouse and a graphic
tablet. That's pretty much it.

James