[LAU] CDDA copying...

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 22:32:23 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Julien Claassen<julien at c-lab.de> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>   A quick one: What is the best and fastest way to make an exact copy of an
> audio-cd only using the console and the IDE driver for CD. Special importance
> here of course: the gaps or non-gaps.
>   Please I need some quick help here! Anything is appreciated!
>   Kindest regards
>            Julien

Well, in general this is what I do for my best copies:

cd test2/
df
cdda2wav dev=1000,1,0 -vall -B -Owav -paranoia -speed=6
cdrecord dev=1000,1,0 -eject
cdrecord dev=1000,1,0 -v -speed=6 -dao -useinfo -text -eject *.wav
rm audio*
ls

Note that with paranoia turned on I personally find I need to slow
down both red and write operations to make copied CD-R work in my car.
It's not necessary for my other players so it may not be necessary for
you. Just don't ignore it if you run into problems.

The above command set does NOT work for CDs with pre-track 1
subchannel data. I've only run into a couple of those and
unfortunately haven't found a set of commands that are 100% reliable
for me.

I have run into a few problem CDs that required that I update drive
firmware, so keep an eye on that also, especially if using Lite-On
drives.

Hope this helps,
Mark