[LAU] recording my new band

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 21:30:30 EDT 2009

On 8/9/09, Paul Coccoli <pcoccoli at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Florian Faber<faber at faberman.de> wrote:
>> Paul Coccoli wrote:
>>> Use 2 mics in XY:
>>> http://www.wikirecording.org/XY_Stereo_Microphone_Technique
>>
>> Why?
>
> Because the OP wants an get a stereo mix of a jam session easily
> without phase issues.  Plus he already has an audio interface with 2
> mic pres.

Ahh, so 2 channels is the way to go? I'd love to be able to change the
relative volume of the instruments afterwards as i've got a habit of
playing a little too loud vs the lead singer ;) Also our lead
guitarist is often way too quiet. Though if everyone has there own mic
i guess you get strange phase effects? A pair of condensers is best?
Non-matched ok?

Loki