[LAU] Regular Xruns?

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 07:41:44 EDT 2009

Thanks Paul for your excellent and helpful input! Just one question:

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Paul Davis<paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> nothing is going to overflow for hours. and when it does, nothing
> happens. you're just going to have trust this hand-waving assertion,
> and i'm willing to be proven wrong in the case of a particular
> driver/hw combination.

So what do you think is the reason that we seem to get regular xruns
at fixed intervals 14-20 mins (depending on system) when a EMU10K1
card is run at 44100, whereas no xruns at 48000? (and also why I get a
build up of static sound in the last 5-10 seconds before the xrun)?

James