[LAU] recording my new band

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 02:03:26 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Florian Faber<faber at faberman.de> wrote:
> Loki,
>
>> Thanks for all the great advice, i've looked into the xy techniques
>> and there is some great stuff there.
>
> The only proper advice is to try out and listen. After all, you don't
> want to have a audio measurement cycle, but a good sounding recording.
> Mic placement depends on the kind of recording you want to achieve, e.g.
> we do most of our classic recordings with AB setups. Don't worry about
> phase issues or any other nonsens, just try several setups and listen
> for yourself.
>

> Flo
> --
> Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
> public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net

My main question was should I buy some more mics so I can try these
different setups. I've got the idea now that there isn't really any
hard and fast rules and a few different thing might sound quite good.
I think i'll do it on the cheap but grab a couple more mics as I think
we need to get a bit better before the recording is the weak link ;)
Hopefully i'll have some recordings soon for you all to listen too! :)

Loki