[LAU] aplay and HDSP single channel?

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Mon Aug 10 09:09:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

here is a copy of my ".asoundrc":

pcm.!default {
  type plug
#  slave { pcm "hw:Digi968,0" }
  slave { pcm "hw:DSP" }
#  route_policy duplicate
  route_policy copy
}

Switching 'route_policy' from 'duplicate' to 'copy' keeps only a single
output (channel 1) for a single channel aplay input file. Now you can
use the hdspmixer (or amixer in scripts) to route the first output to
any channel. Here is a sniplet from my /etc/rc.local:

/usr/bin/amixer -q -D hw:DSP cset numid=5 26,24,32768
/usr/bin/amixer -q -D hw:DSP cset numid=5 27,25,32768
/usr/bin/amixer -q -D hw:DSP cset numid=5 26,0,32768
/usr/bin/amixer -q -D hw:DSP cset numid=5 27,1,32768

This routes the first two software output channels to ADAT1 out1+2 and
SPDIF on my HDSP9652.

I hope this helps.

Giso