[LAU] rfc: wineasio patch
jbh at alchemy.lu
Tue Aug 11 07:00:11 EDT 2009
I've made some changes to wineasio that I'd like some feedback on.
1. Fixes wrongly reported ASIO output latency
2. Changes the SCHED_FIFO priority of the win32 callback thread
* Calls jack_client_real_time_priority() to get recommended priority
* Removes hard coded SCHED_FIFO priority of 86 for the entire process
* Sets win32 callback thread to SCHED_FIFO priority suggested by JACK
3. Adds a fork with call to qjackctl from the ASIOControlPanel()
I am going away for 3 weeks on 15/8, but am looking forwards to all and any
feedback when I return.
Personally I use wineasio together with reaper under wine. Best results so
far have been achieved by running JACK realtime and set to default priority,
with the entire wine session running SCHED_FIFO at priority 1, thus invoked by
the following: chrt -f 1 env WINEPREFIX="/home/jack/.wine" wine "C:\Program
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4371 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/attachments/20090811/31fda3e2/attachment.bin
More information about the Linux-audio-user