[LAU] XLR mixer -> TRS audio card connections

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Sat Aug 15 17:50:28 EDT 2009

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009, philicorda wrote:

>> Addendum:  On the realtime end of things, I'm now achievable a solid,
>> unbreakable 2ms.  I can't seem to do anything that causes an xrun.
>
> That's a tricky one. You could try switching to a USB soundcard, and
> using a hub with multiple devices attached. Removing and adding USB
> devices while recording then may help to increase the incidence of
> xruns.
>
> If that doesn't work, the only recourse may be to use a slower
> processor and an older motherboard. Also, try to find the most obscure
> and least Linux compatible PCI and video cards you can, and put as
> many of them in the machine as possible.

Well...

I should have said, "can't seem to do anything that I'd really want to
casually do on my desktop without going crazy..."  :)

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky