[LAU] 96kHz...because I just can't leave well enough alone...

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Sun Aug 16 00:26:57 EDT 2009

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009, Florian Faber wrote:

> Brent Busby wrote:
>> Having obtained a solid 2ms latency at 48kHz with my Multiface II, [..]
>
> How did you measure the 2ms?

Well, that's what it says in QJackCtl.  I remember some posts on here
awhile back about there being many ways of measuring it, but I don't
remember the jist of it.  I do know that I've never gotten that low in
QJackCtl without xruns before though -- I used to get them just trying
to do 10ms at 44.1kHz.

I did find the problem with 96 by the way, and now I'm getting 2ms (as
shown by QJackCtl at that speed and no xruns.

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky