[LAU] Simple, fast, easy notation software?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Tue Aug 18 22:10:49 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 08:31:26PM +0200, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> On Tuesday August 18 2009 19.55.03 Ken Restivo wrote:
> > Any other options?
> >
> > Again, the typical usage is that a bandleader will sing or show me the
> > melody and I need to note it down very quickly.
>
> I know that life usually is to short for using Java apps ;-) , but I think
> Impro-Visor is one of the options.

I'll try impro-visor and see how it goes.  If it'll run with the Debian GNU Java, then great. If it requires the Sun JVM, might be more of a hassle than it's worth.

So far, Noteedit would be great if only it would let me enter rests! There doesn't seem to be any way to enter rests, and that means, no go for me.

nted would be great if only it would let me move notes around and delete rests!

So I'm stuck between those two being almost usable...

-ken