[LAU] Simple, fast, easy notation software?

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vait.se
Wed Aug 19 01:51:50 EDT 2009

On Wednesday August 19 2009 04.10.49 Ken Restivo wrote:
> I'll try impro-visor and see how it goes.  If it'll run with the Debian GNU
> Java, then great. If it requires the Sun JVM, might be more of a hassle
> than it's worth.

The best thing with Impro-Visor is that it takes so short time to learn, and
for fast making of lead sheets, it's probably the best at the moment. You must
also run the virmidi module.

A wild guess is that you must use Sun's Java, not many "bigger" apps work in a
non Sun Java environment in my experience. On the other hand: it should not be
any problem longer to install it, it's in Debian's non-free section of the
repo and a newer Java 1.6* Ubuntu deb will probably install as well.

I use Sun's 1.6* version of Java (downloaded from Sun) in my FC10/CCRMA system
and it did not take long time to make it work. In my Ubuntu system, I use a
deb.

As another side effect: The Fantasia front end for Linux sampler will work as
well.

Is it for your Eee? How much programs and gizmos is it really possible to
stuff inside it? I have the impression that it runs on steroids.  :-)

Jostein