[LAU] JACK for multi-processors

Norval Watson norv2001 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 19 01:56:23 EDT 2009

Hi Hermann,
Thanks for your reply, just checking:

> jackdmp isn't in sid, you need to build it by your self. Best way (for
> sid) to switch to jackdmp is to build a dummy(empty) package from jack1,

So I get the equivs package and build a dummy jackd using equivs-control and equivs build
(as in this blog http://blog.andrewbeacock.com/2005/09/creating-dummy-debian-package-for.html )
and call it, say, version 1.0, which is way higher than 0.116

> use a high version number for it, replace your jack1 installation with

and install it with dpkg

> it, and then install jackdmp.

And get jackdmp, build it from source, and install it (do I have to make a .deb of jackdmp and install with dpkg?)

> This way you fit all dependences from your .deb audio apps and didn`t
> get probs when you run a upgrade.
>
> hermann
>
> Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2009, 21:56 -0700 schrieb Norval Watson:
> > I just realised there is a multi-processor version of JACK called jackdmp.
> > I'm using jackd 0.116 from the debian repos on a dual core amd64 box.
> > Do I need/should I be using something else? I can't find jackdmp in the sid
> repos I use.
> > TIA
> > Norv

Thanks,