[LAU] Live Creator: Please listen and comment (It's funky)

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Wed Aug 19 13:16:36 EDT 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:03:38 +0300 (EEST)
bob.smith at kolumbus.fi wrote:

> "Jostein Chr. Andersen" [jostein at vait.se] kirjoitti:
>
> Hi,
>
> I listened to it.
>
>  I have an opinion about lyrics and how to express them in music. To
> me, non-native english, they were not so clear. Keep in mind that for
> a radio piece of music you have those 3 minutes to play on, on that
> time all should get what you mean. Further, in theatre and music, it
> is important to be overclear, express yourself clearly, you might
> feel that you exaggerate(if that is english) the lyrics then, but
> that is better than the opposite. And maybe somewhat slower than now,
> because the listener has to follow, for someone hearing the tune for
> the first time must easily be able to hear the lyrics. Now, as you
> sing the lyrics it is self clear for you ( as you created them) what
> you mean, but for someone first time listener it is not.
>
> just my opinion, keep up the good work.
> ;-)
> Greger

In general it's not so important to understand every piece of the
lyrics. I'm a non-native English speaker and often
didn't completely understand lyrics of songs I really liked. Recently,
with my new pair of speakers, I understood some words in songs that I
knew and liked for a decade. This is quite an experience :)

I think the main problem is indeed what seems to be the bass. It's very
loud and probably interferes with the lyrics in a way that they are
hard to understand. The rest of the drums I hear is a pretty quiet
click-click.

I also think that it has potential. Try to listen on it on some other
speakers, maybe some that do have bass, if yours don't. Maybe the bass
just has too much mids in the same range as the voice, or both. But
yeah, it sounds like it could be a nice summer song :)

Regards,
Philipp