[LAU] Another spiritual exercise

TheOther theother1510 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 19 20:44:10 EDT 2009

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> More gleanings from the Good Book:
>
>     http://linux-sound.org/audio/5-con-men.mp3
>
> Reporting from the grave, reviewer J. L. Hooker declares "I'll never
> forget it... and I know you won't either".
>
> WARNING: Parental discretion advised ! Listeners under 17 MUST be
> accompanied by parent, legal guardian, or figured bass. If you are
> easily offended DO NOT listen to this song, especially if you are overly
> sensitive about religion, flatulence, or religious flatulence.
>
> Best,
>
> dp (aka brother dp)
>
> PS: It's a live recording from a recent show, the banter at the start is
> between me and my guitarist Terry McClanahan.

Hello Dave,

At the start I was wondering who these men would be.  I totally agree
with 3 of the 5 (in particular, I really thought Balaam was an
inspired choice!) but I'm not sure how well Samson fit in for the
reason that you gave; and he and Solomon were not in the first 5 books
of Moses, or The Pentateuch.  Titus is from the New Testament.

The reason this nit-picking occurred to me is that I'm a Lutheran,
Confirmation lay teacher, who takes the 1st year students (11 year
olds, typically the 6th grade.)  If I had the nerve....   I'm sure the
6th graders would like it!  But when they got home and told their
parents what they learned in Confirmation Class today.... oh boy.

A very cute ditty.

Best,
Stephen.