[LAU] audio cd jumpy playback

Antanas Budriūnas antanasb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 13:38:51 EDT 2009

Hello,

this is my first post on the linux-audio-user list.
Since 2005 I'm around linux audio and I met such a problem at first time.
Audio playback from the Internet, HDD, USB stick is OK.
However: ordinary audio CD plays OK first 16 seconds, then 7 seconds
no audio, from 23 sec. plays some seconds again then stops for some
seconds and so on.
The same with Sound Juicer and Rhythmbox.
System: Dell Latitude E5400, C2D P8600, 4 GB RAM, Ubuntustudio 9.04,
Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic.
I saw a bug report in launchpad.net already, however no solution yet.
Advices or comments are welcome.

Antanas Budriūnas