[LAU] OT: More classic rock and well-mic'ed real Hammond B3

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sun Aug 23 22:57:35 EDT 2009

The latest Lawler Rules record is out, and I played Fluidsynth piano and a real, well-mic'ed, well-maintained B3 Hammond on it:

http://www.myspace.com/lawlerrulesvol1

My main regret is that I didn't have time to get LinuxSampler and that great Steinway soundfont working before the session. I actually only had time to get it working the day *after* the session, arrgh.

I'm playing just piano (Fluidsynth) and the real B3. Oh, and I sing the hook on "Always" and the chorus on "Tracks".

All the other, very cool synthy sounds and sound design was done by the producer, probably using Reason or some such.

-ken