[LAU] instructional videos ?

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Aug 25 07:23:55 EDT 2009

Aaron L. wrote:
> I second the whole "building software from source" bit.

My next two articles have already been submitted, and guess what they're
about ?

Rick Boulanger had asked me to provide such a guide for his upcoming
book on audio programming, so I used that material as a basis for my
next LJ articles. No video for those though, sorry, but it is an
in-depth look at the process of building Linux audio software from
source code packages.

> These sound great!

Lest there be any misunderstanding about the videos: I've been asked to
make some, I haven't promised a series. I'll try some of the suggestions
from this list, if they go over well I'll continue them. However, it's
obvious from the responses that folks want some introductory
instructional videos. I'm not the only one here with a camera and
recordmydesktop, so if anyone else wants to step up please do so.

Meanwhile I'll sift through the replies and will decide which topic to
start. So far I think that the properties of JACK/QJackCtl/Patchage are
the most mystifying, I'll probably start there. I'll plan on three
videos to start, that'll carry me through the next two months of
submissions (assuming the vids are any good and get some decent numbers).

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far, I appreciate the input and
will consider all your suggestions.

Best,

dp