[LAU] ableton live in vmware

Atte Andre Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:46:30 EDT 2009

Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

>> I'm not Paul, but I'd be willing to participate in such a project.
>
> Me, too.

:-)

> Hydrogen has some similarities to AL... so I've pondered if it could be
> forked (or developed) to become a live DAW.

Could you elaborate? What similarities, what's missing (just the big
picture), it's been a while since a glanced at hydrogen.

> But, from scratch might be better.

Agreed.

Just thinking about doing a high performance, jack enabled, realtime
friendly audio engine makes me tired (maybe because I wouldn't know the
first think in doing it right).

An other way could be using an existing backend, csound comes to mind. I
only played a bit with it's API, not sure what can be achieved through
this. Blue works with the csound API, and also needs "just a few things"
to be heading in this direction.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte