[LAU] ableton live in vmware

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Aug 27 21:09:07 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Ray Rashif<schivmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think just Elastic Time/Audio in Ardour would be adequate; no need for a
> new app :) Pro Tools has done it from 7.4, maybe Ardour can do it better or
> in a more innovative way. We already have Rhythm Ferret substituting Beat
> Detective, no?

I understand (most of) what is needed for "elastic time" in ardour.
However, when I saw a PT demo of this feature, what shocked me deeply
was the GUI elements of it. What digi did with it is nothing short of
amazing on the GUI side.

Ardour has a significant benefit over PT in that from its inception,
it has always been "live" - you have always been able to edit while
playing and have things take effect almost immediately. However, the
GUI stuff in PT's elastic implementation is HUGE, probably much more
difficult than the backend implementation by at least a factor of 4.