[LAU] Command-line midi player with fast forward, pause, rewind?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Fri Aug 28 02:06:51 EDT 2009

I'd love to find a command-line MIDI file player that will use ALSA MIDI (not its own internal synth), and also will accept arrow keys or some other key commands on stdin to fastforward, rewind, pause, play, etc.

There seem to be a ton of MIDI players for the command line, but they all seem to not be interactive. I can't seem to figure out if ecasound can do the fast forward and rewind stuff, and I find Timidity to bewildering to contemplate.

-ken