[LAU] ZynAddSubFX -- Zombifies on opening patch

adam faranda adam.faranda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:46:51 EDT 2009

I am running Debian lenny; with a home-baked RTkernel
(linux-2.6.29.6-rt23). I built Jack with no problem; I am even getting
2.67 ms latency without no Xruns using my laptop's sound cards. I
installed ZynAddSubFX via the 'Add or Remove Programs'  Gnome Applet.
It runs like a dream; I can load up the PADSynth and play lots of
notes really fast with out so much as a click. I created a neat
sounding string/voice patch and saved it, and here is where I
encountered the problem. I opened the patch, and began to play on the
keyboard -- no sound. I restarted Zyn, and had no problem playing the
factory patches, however all went silent as soon as I opened my patch,
even the factory patches. I repeated this process, this time with the
Jack connection manager in view. Sure enough, as soon as I loaded my
patch, the output plug for ZynAddSubFX dissappeared. Now I get
curious. I start Zyn from the terminal, and everything seems fine. As
soon as I open my patch, I get the following message:    "  zombified
- calling shutdown handler " Any help solving this issue would be most
appreciated, especially since Zyn is one of my absolute all time
favorites. I will continue to work on this and post my progress. I
have tried to compile Zyn from source, but I can't get fltk to work
properly, hence downloading the binaries.  Thank you all.

----Adam