[LAU] composing for video

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Dec 1 10:57:03 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Atte André Jensen
<atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> do you enjoy being whipped repeatedly by leather 9-tailed whips spiked
>> with stainless steel blades? no, i thought not. well, sign up for
>> that, because its going to be more enjoyable than the video thing.
>> possibly even a *lot* more enjoyable.
>
> Uhmmm, sounds promising :-)
>
> Exactly what do you mean with "the video thing"? The process I'm trying to
> start (composing for film), the technical aspects/problems of it or the
> video-container-codecs-and-friends-jungle?

mostly the latter.

i thought the audio tech world was a mess, what with different cable
interconnects, sample rates, sample formats, audio file formats,
plugin formats etc. etc. etc.

my brief and very superficial experience with the video tech world
suggests that its at least twice as bad, perhaps 100x as bad.