[LAU] composing for video

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Tue Dec 1 12:18:38 EST 2009

2009/11/30 Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> A friend of mine has invited me to compose for some videos he's planning
> on making. We haven't started yet, but I thought it might be good to be
> a bit ahead, especially since I haven't done this before and I know next
> to nothing about video...
>
> The noise making apps will be running ontop of jack. Google suggest I
> should look into xjadeo with the -i switch. Is that it? Anything
> (formats, codecs, framerates, interlaces other-stuff-I-dont-get) that I
> should ask for or try to avoid?
>
> Any input, ..., thoughts, ....

If you get a final film, where all you have to do is to compose the
music for it,
I think you can do it, as long as you're able to play the (digitalized) video
and sync it with your audio-applications.
Render the complete composition with full (film) length as single audio file.
The video guy then should know how to add your music to the final film
and which audio-file-formats his program accepts.
Haven't done it myself however, so this is more a guess.

--
E.R.