[LAU] arch users?

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:44:11 EST 2009

2009/12/2 Josh Lawrence <hardbop200 at gmail.com>

> hi list,
>
> for my birthday present to myself (shameless birthday plug), I've
> decided to install and play with arch.  anyone have any good resources
> for making arch suitable for audio work?  I've seen their wiki page on
> the subject, I'm just curious if there is more out there.

lol..is that even a valid birthday gift to one's self (or to anyone for that
matter)? =p

Anyway, as you may or may not know, the ArchAudio server is in migration.
The process is a little less trivial than expected, so it'll take a while.
There are no mirrors or secondary/backup hosts, so you'll have to rely on
AUR or another binary repo. I mean, as long as the AUR is there, you've got
everything. Just not in binary. Not to mention that two of the most
important software already have official packages; jack and ardour.

And yeah, happy (belated) birthday ;)

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD