[LAU] composing for video

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:02:32 EST 2009

Paul Davis wrote:

> do you enjoy being whipped repeatedly by leather 9-tailed whips spiked
> with stainless steel blades? no, i thought not. well, sign up for
> that, because its going to be more enjoyable than the video thing.
> possibly even a *lot* more enjoyable.

Couldn't find my 9-tailed whip, so I installed xjadeo instead :-)

Quick test with a couple of random files (one dv, one mp4) I had on my
hard drive, suggests it Just Works. Using the -K option get's rid of
that funny blurry digital soup that I've seem sometime before. Syncs to
jack same with renoise, so starting/stopping in either renoise or
qjackctl starts/stops the video. Playback of the video *seems* to be
started at the right spot when I move around in renoise.

I know this might come back as a boomerang, and make me look harder for
my whip. For instance I still have to see what format the video guy
sends me. Also I imagine to more precise sync I need the easier I'm
gonna be disappointed.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk