[LAU] arch users?

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Tue Dec 1 19:21:58 EST 2009

Also recent Arch convert here. Even the standard kernel seems to run
better on my laptop in lowlatency conditions as the Ubuntu Studio one I
used before but who didn't expected that. Reason of the switch is to
gain more control over the system and more current software per default
as in the Ubuntu world. Actually even now things are possible with my
built-in Intel graphic card with the latest drivers which I couldnt do
before and didnt expect to work ever, for instance realtime shadows in
OpenGL. This has an impact on my artistic decisions.

With more control more involvement comes and I had to dig around various
settings and wikis to get everything running as before. But I am happy
with it.

Cheers,

Malte

--