[LAU] Do I have Real-Time (Complete Preemption)?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Dec 2 05:27:27 EST 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 09:36:13 Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Martin Horn wrote:
> > I made an install of ubuntustudio 8.04.3 hardy
> I don't know much about ubuntustudio, but do you really think it's a
> good idea to run software that's over 1 1/2 years old?

Its not a bad idea as it is the current ubuntu with long-term-support.

> In my experience, eventually you'll need to compile somethings that
> needs a newer lib, and you're stuck...

But because of the library-problem when installing new apps from outside the
ubuntu-repositories its not a particular good idea either.

For servers and important production system the LTS versions of ubuntu are
great, for normal desktop and especially audio-workstations where you
experiment with new apps, the current normal version is better.

Arnold