[LAU] Behold! The Web2.0 is here. Linux Audio Facebook Group

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Wed Dec 2 13:12:59 EST 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 10:18:56 Malte Steiner wrote:
> > Sorry, I don't do Facebook. What use are sites that require you to
> > become a member just to see things? ;-)
>
> thats a good issue to bring up. Same happen at the puredata list where
> someone suggest to use GoogleWave. What is the benefit of all these
> WebX.0 things? I guess none, nothing which couldnt be done before

I stayed away for a long time due to TOS issues but I can say that one benefit
for the personal account holder is in fact the ability to limit what is seen
to friends only.

That does not apply to something like this though.

I think it may be that we seem to live in a world where proprietary and patent
pending are selling points for most rather than the turn offs that they are
for me.

all the best,

drew