[LAU] [LAD] Update of jconv

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed Dec 2 15:54:51 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 12:39:27PM -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:

> Does the "partition" parameter in the conf file affect this?

Yes, it determines the minumum partition size that will be
used. The only difference between the two examples I posted
is the value of this parameter, 256 or 4096.

> On the reverbs I've been using successfully with freewheeling
> mode, the "partition" is set to 2048, which is very high compared
> to the setting in the sample reverbs tthat come with jconv.

Which means you will have significant delay. If the reverb is
use as an effect (rather than to recreate real room acoustics)
this could actually be beneficial.

On a single processor machine freewheeling should just work,
and not depend on this paramter.

Ciao,

--
FA