[LAU] [OT] looking for 8ch preamp with a/d and calibrated (or even digitally controlled) gains

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Sun Dec 6 14:37:16 EST 2009

You know what, I did look into that recently and found some Digidesign
"PRE" preamps at my work which are stepped gain and individual channels
are groupable, hence their gain can be controlled with a single knob.
Most of the preamp parameters are remote controllable via midi, so a
simple Pd gui might do it. Only drawback: No Adat, so you'd need a
converter still, or use a Multiface or similar thing.
Found this to be a nice alternative to the Soundfield preamp (which is
not even portable given its mains power supply) as we already had those
preamps in-house. (This is hopefully the only recommendation i will ever
give in favor of Digidesign products though)

let me/us know how your search went.

PP