[LAU] PSU question

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Dec 6 17:51:15 EST 2009

Greetings,

The power supply in my main box gave up the ghost recently. It was an
Antec SP-450, and I only now discovered that that particular unit was
not an especially smart purchase (though mine lasted much longer than
many others). The repair guys installed a cheap (and loud!) placeholder
for me until I replace it with something better.

I'd like to get another PSU in the 450-500 watt range, something at
least as quiet as the Antec, in the US$50-$100 price range. I have
experience only with Antec's quiet supplies and would like to know if
there's another recommended brand. Any suggestions ? TIA!

Best,

dp