[LAU] LAM annual Best of mix 2009

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Dec 7 13:47:11 EST 2009

On 12/07/2009 09:16 PM, Hartmut Noack wrote:

> Patrick Shirkey schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been attempting to keep track of all the releases posted over the
>> past year since the inaugural Linux Audio Musicians Best of mix was
>> released in Nov 08.
>>
> Thanks a lot too for including one of my tracks(syrens of spring -
> befall-demo) in the 2008-mix I feel honored to see me there :-)
>
> I would like to ask you for a favour though. As time goes by I use to
> polish my tracks and re-release them from time to time. Thus I have a
> much better version of the track on my website now and if you find it
> appropriate, I would be happy to see you upgrade to that version:
>
> http://lapoc.de/demos/lapoc_sos_befallen-0709.ogg
>
> OK - its a 2009-version, if you prefer to keep the version in order to
> keep it more authentic, I am Ok with that. But of course I would be more
> comfortable having my new, better version in your list :-)
>
> best regs
>
> HZN

I like the revised mix. However the policy is to only include tracks
released in the year of the mix, so I can't update your track from the
2008 mix. However, this is an opportunity to extend the site features so
I would like to ask for suggestions on the best way to handle this request.

I could just link to the new track as well for comparison but maybe
someone has a better idea for how to handle this situation as well as
suggestions for additional features for the site.

Last year I was going to look into installing cchost but I decided in
the end that it was overkill for the site at this stage in it's life and
anyway ccmixter.org does such a good job already.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd