[LAU] Suggestion for midi surface control

Marco Castorina marco.castorina at yahoo.it
Tue Dec 8 05:17:08 EST 2009

Hi all,
 as Christmas is coming closer, I've to write the letter to Santa :-)
I was thinking about a midi control surface (like Behringer BFC2000),
which has also a keyboard (like M-Audio Axiom Pro 49).
Of course it has to run on Linux (i'm on Ubuntu 9.10 at the moment),
so that I can use it as surface control for mixing on Ardour and to help
me composing my music and creating sounds (i.e.: Zynaddsubfx).
Any suggestions on what to buy or what NOT to buy?
If it's possible, I'd like to have something which has already been tested
with Linux, so that in case of problems I'll have to ask to.

Thanks everybody,

Marco